More on Ceredigion People
At first glance Ceredigion communities may appear small, quiet and remote from the bustle of city life and world events, but Ceredigion people have made surprising and distinctive contributions to history whilst the Ceredigion diaspora has reached far and wide.
Our heroes may not be familiar names, but here are a few contemporary Cardis you may recognise:
- Rachel Rowlands, founder of Rachel's Dairies
- Professor Steve Jones, geneticist and author
- Catrin Finch, the first royal harpist to HRH The Prince of Wales
- Gwawr Edwards, opera singer
- Dafydd Jones, rugby player and commentator
- Gruff Lewis, professional cyclist
- Jonathan Jones, world Formula 1 speedboat champion
- Hywel Davies, Grand National jockey
- Caradog Jones, the first Welshman to reach the summit of Everest
Discover Ceredigion's heritage with its people, and discover the communities that have helped form the Ceredigion culture.